Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fred has found a Forever Home


As many of you know the original plan when we first got Fred was to rehab him fully and rehome him. Well I am glad to say Fred has finally found his home for the rest of his life...right where he is at. I have fully fallen in love with him and realize our riding styles and personalities are very similar. I feel completely safe and trusting with him when we are out on the trail and vice versa. And I have never enjoyed riding a horse on a trail more than I have with him. Yes, he is an old man but you would never be able to tell. He keeps up and passes all the other horses, and his favorite gait is anything but a walk. I only wish I had found him earlier in his life so we could have longer together.


Now with keeping him I have made another hard decision. With the economy being so bad I am needing to rehome a few horses. Fox my first horse will hopefully (fingers crossed) be going to Missouri to be a lesson horse. I know that will be a very tearful day, I have owned him for about 10 years, and we have a bond that will never be forgotten...but I know he will love growing old up there out of this heat, and having tons of little girls to love all over him for the rest of his days. And I have also decided to rehome Cody, at least on a free lease until he finds the perfect home. Cody and I have always gotten along but I have never truly felt a strong loyal connection with him. I am hoping to find him someone who can give him the time he deserves to truly be all-trusting.


But as for this blog it will no longer be just about Fred's recovery, but about our Journey together and all of Drop Dead Fred's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment