Saturday, July 24, 2010

For Fred's Fan Club


I got a recent email wondering how Fred was doing, I figured I would post it here as a temporary update until I can get out to take new pictures. Enjoy...


"Hey!


I know, I have gotten lazy with my updates! Fredly has had a rough few months. Probably about 2 months ago now he got kicked hard by an arab pony in the pasture. He broke a few ribs pretty bad, and high up close to his hip/spine. He had a rough couple days, the swelling was horrible and we were concerned about a punctured kidney, luckily he pulled through that. He just began rolling in the pasture again about 2 weeks ago, it has been to painful for him to get up and down. I bathed him today and noticed he was still pinning his ears some when I curried even softly around the area. So I am still hesitant to get back on him :-/ I miss riding him around though, our sidesaddle riding was coming along nicely!!


Besides his rib saga he is doing great! lol His weight gain is spectacular. We hit that stand still about 5-6 months ago where he wasn't losing or gaining and it seems the last month it has picked back up significantly. He really doesn't even look like the same horse. I attached a picture taken right before the kick that laid him up for a bit. He is such a gentle soul it broke everyone's heart to see him in so much pain, I was afraid for awhile b/c he lost that gleam in his eye he was so uncomfortable...but no worries b/c it's back! Thanks for wondering how he is doing, I will now update the blog tomorrow with some new pictures since he got his full scrubbing yesterday!


Best Wishes, Lauren"

No comments:

Post a Comment